Project Officer – Job Opening
GreenLight Initiative, a non-profit working to promote transportation safety seeks to hire the service of six (6) Project Officers in 6 locations within the 6 geopolitical regions in Nigeria.
GreenLight will be implementing the Last Mile Health Supply Chain COVID-19 Support program titled; Safety Training for Truck and Ambulance Drivers during COVID-19 in 6 locations in Nigeria. The locations include North Central –Abuja FCT; North West – Kano State; North East – Gombe State; South West – Lagos State; South-South – Rivers State; South East – Anambra State. This position is a short time contract which will only last within the project implementation period in each of the locations.
- The Project Officer will be a key member in the implementation of the project in each of the project locations and will work to ensure successful implementation of project
- S/he will work closely with the project team and project partners to implement the project in each of the locations within the agreed deliverables and timelines.
- S/he will support project design, planning, and reporting according to the project goals and objectives.
- S/he will develop contact with partners, meet, and coordinate partners in order to ensure seamless communication and project implementation
- S/he will liaise with other key team members to ensure harmonization across the various project-related elements including communications, monitoring, evaluation and learning and strategy
- S/he will report to the Project Manager in Abuja who has overall responsibility for project implementation.
- S/he will work to support GreenLight project reporting calendars and processes to ensure accurate and timely submission reports and other outputs
- Integrate a learning mindset and approach into all projects, and ensuring that feedback and data are promptly forwarded to the project manager
- Women and those from minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of B.Sc or HND qualification
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience with NGOs or volunteering experience
- Key knowledge of mode of operations and contacts with Ministries of Health or other Government agencies
- The desired candidate will be a resident of any of the project locations.
- This position requires a good understanding of program design, planning, implementation, and reporting. It requires project management skills, attention to detail, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- The successful candidate will need to have the creativity, vision, and knowledge of the program implementation field to help us deliver on commitments
- Successful candidate will need to be able to work within a dynamic and culturally diverse team, embodying our organization’ commitment to diversity, transparency, and equity.
- GreenLight work is driven by compassion and we often seek a demonstrated record of community development efforts, delivering on project goals as well as a passion for social good
Deadline: This application is open on a rolling basis until the right candidate is selected